We are so proud of Kayli! We got her Summer School report card today, and she has improved in many areas! It's hard to believe that nearly 3 years ago, we were told she would never know who we are, much less have purposeful, functional movements and achievements!!! Kayli's Daddy says "if studies say we only use 10% of our brain, and if Kayli uses all 25% of hers....she could be smarter than us!" LOL Keep up the Great Work, Sweet Pea!!! <3
Please keep in mind, these IEP objectives are for a 3 year old, who survived 32 minutes of anoxia (no oxygen) and is patiently working with 25% of a typical 3 year old brain size. Kayli has taken on the challenge of relearning reflexes that are she had, and that are typically innate at birth!
The following are some objectives (working tasks) for long term goals in her IEP:
1. Kayli will shift gaze between two lights/objects presented approximately 5-10 inches apart at eye level, above eye level, and below eye level, without sound/movement cueing.
KAYLI IS ABLE TO MEET THIS OBJECTIVE 1 OUT OF 4 ATTEMPTS!!
2. Kayli will bat at an object in front of her or above her with verbal prompting.
KAYLI IS ABLE TO MEET THIS OBJECTIVE 2 OUT OF 4 ATTEMPTS. KAYLI IS ABLE TO DO THIS WHEN PRESENTED WITH OBJECTS IN THE LIGHTBOX.
3. Kayli will reach for an object at close distance with verbal prompting.
KAYLI IS ABLE TO MEET THIS OBJECTIVE 1 OUT OF 4 ATTEMPTS. WHEN THE SPEAKER SAYS "PUSH PUSH" KAYLI WILL ACTIVATE THE BIG MAC SWITCH.
4. Kayli will respond to a familiar voice by turning her head or eye gaze toward the voice.
KAYLI IS ABLE TO COMPLETE THIS OBJECTIVE 1 TIME IN 15 MINUTES. SHE RESPONDS WITH AN EYE GAZE TOWARDS THE SPEAKER.
5. Kayli will respond to a noise producing toy by turning her head or eye gaze toward the toy.
KAYLI IS ABLE TO COMPLETE THIS OBJECTIVE 1 TIME IN 15 MINUTES. SHE RESPONDS WITH AN EYE GAZE TOWARDS THE TOY.
6. Given task set-up with gravity eliminated. Kayli will apply pressure with her hand, arm, or leg to activate switch toy.
KAYLI IS ABLE TO PERFORM THIS OBJECTIVE WITH 20% ACCURACY.
7. After appropriate positioning, and with hand-over-hand assistance as needed, Kayli will activate a familiar switch-activated toy, presented to her left, right, or in midline, at least three times in succession. KAYLI IS ABLE TO PERFORM THIS TASK 1 OUT OF 5 ATTEMPTS. KAYLI, WHEN GIVEN TIME, IS ABLE TO ACTIVATE A SWITCH.